Reading Level: 3
Interest Level: 2-5
Schoolchildren have grown up in a world of technology.
They know how to use many devices, but do they know how the devices work? This
age-appropriate, STEM-based series introduces young students to the science and
engineering behind the everyday technology in their lives. It explains the basic
principles of how the technology works, its advantages and disadvantages, and
the history of its development.
Each Book Contains:
• Fact boxes that will add to an understanding of science concepts
• A sidebar on a creative, unforeseen use of this technology
• A glossary of technical terms to enhance student comprehension
• A timeline of the developmental steps that led to the technology
• Provides examples of how to overcome difficulties using problem-solving skills
• Learn the design processes and visualize the engineering solutions that brought us these useful devices
• Explores the different ways in which information is transferred