Cultures of the World (Third Edition, Group 26)?
Cultures of the World (Third Edition)?
Reading Level: 5
Interest Level: 5-8
As readers journey around the world?from Antigua and Barbuda to the United Arab Emirates?they deepen their understanding of other cultures and their appreciation for diversity. Beautiful full-color photographs capture the essence of each highlighted nation, and well-researched main text combines encyclopedic knowledge with the fun of a travel guide. Readers are introduced to focused chapters that cover each country's history, government, and economic system. They also enhance their cultural education with chapters devoted to the arts, foods, customs, and people that make these countries so special.
Each Book Contains:
• A basic breakdown of the languages spoken in a particular country, including common words and phrases
• The most recent information available about each featured part of the world, allowing readers to gain a global perspective on current events
• Recipes that allow readers to make delicious national dishes following simple, step-by-step instructions
• Factual, objective text helps readers think independently and critically about both historical and current events around the world
• Detailed maps help readers practice obtaining information from different sources
• Extensive lists of internet links and a thorough bibliography encourage further research and assist readers in preparing reports or studying these topics in even more depth